Install the Load Impact plugin:
- To install the Load Impact plugin for TeamCity, first shutdown the TeamCity server and then copy the zip file with the plugin into the TeamCity Data/plugins directory. Once complete, restart the TeamCity server. The plugin files will be unpacked and processed automatically.
Configure Load Impact plugin:
- To configure the plugin, first you need to enter your Load Impact API token. You can generate a token on the API token page of your Load Impact account.
- To enter and validate your Load Impact API token, proceed to the administration page of your TeamCity account.
- Select “Load Impact” from the list of Integrations on the left sidebar.
Configure a build using the Load Impact plugin:
- To configure a build using the Load Impact plugin, first select or create a project.
- On your project page, select Create Build Configuration
- Give your configuration a name and then proceed to your Version Control Settings
- Setup the integration with your Version Control system
- From the Version Control Settings page, proceed to Add Build Step
- Select Runner Type: Load Impact
- If you pre-configured load tests in your Load Impact account, you will now see all your saved test configurations in the drop down under Test Configuration
- Select the configuration you wish to run
- Input failure criteria and thresholds for determining when a test becomes either Unstable or has Failed (thresholds can be set based on Bandwidth, Failure rate, Requests per second or User Load Time)
- To run the build using Load Impact’s plugin, click Run in the top right corner of your project page
- Proceed to the section called Agents
- Select the build being run
- Click on the tab Build Log to review the build progress. You will now see the test parameters and updates in real-time.
- When the test finishes, click Load Test Summary for an overview of the test executed.
- For full test results, click on the tab Load Impact Results and press the button to go to your account on Load Impact.
- All reports, logs and test results are stored in your Load Impact account, accessible anytime.